SACRAMENTO, CA– Mikuni Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar re-opened their Midtown Sacramento location Tuesday after closing for one week during restaurant renovations and maintenance.
To celebrate, Mikuni will unveil a new painting by performance artist, David Garibaldi at 1:08 p.m. on Friday, October 18th, followed by a sampling of iidako (baby octopus), to the first 888 guests. “The significance of the number eight is twofold,” explains Taro Arai, Chief Dreaming Officer of Mikuni. “We are celebrating eight locations and David’s painting also follows the theme of eight.”
Some of the enhancements in the restaurant include:
- Parterre flooring added over the original concrete floors, designed to improve acoustics and add warmth to the location.
- Newly upholstered seating in all the guest booths
- Addition of Color Kinetics LED multi-color lights to reduce power consumption and enhance visual esthetics
- Apex Marble Granite Tile Co. installed Silestone quartz non-porous countertops by Costentino at the beverage and sushi bars which not only reflect the new multi-colored LED lights, but also eliminate bacteria growth which improves sanitation
- All restrooms were retiled with glass mosaic from Arizona Tile.
- 100% rebuild of all refrigeration systems in the restaurant for energy efficiency.
- Three new HVAC units installed to improve the quality of comfort for guests while reducing power consumption.
“The timeline of the project was extremely tight,” said Roger Hartsock, Vice President of Facilities for Mikuni. “We appreciate all of the vendors who worked around the clock to meet the deadlines resulting in a really beautiful remodel.”
About Mikuni Restaurant Group, Inc.
Since 1987, the award-winning Mikuni restaurants have blended traditional Japanese cuisine and sushi with American innovation. Mikuni employs more than 650 people, and currently operates seven upscale, casual dining locations in the Sacramento region, and a location at Northstar California™ in Truckee. The extensive Mikuni menu features more than 300 original sushi creations served in eclectic, energetic dining settings. For more information on Mikuni Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar, log onto www.mikunisushi.com