Hawks Restaurant (Granite Bay)
5530 Douglas Blvd.
Granite Bay, CA 95746
Mikuni and Hawks Restaurant have teamed up to host a fundraiser dinner for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society on behalf of this year’s candidate for LLS “Man of the Year” and our dear friend, Dr. Firas Nassif.
Join us in support of a cure for blood cancer!
Team Don’t Stop Believing
Hawks 3-Course Dinner and Wine Pairing
When: Monday, April 29th
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: Hawks Restaurant (Granite Bay)
Pricing: $175 per person, or $225 per person with wine pairing (all inclusive with sales tax and gratuity)
The menu includes three courses plus appetizers and guests can opt for a wine pairing with their meal.
- Gougeres (gruyere cheese puffs)
- Salmon Tartare, California Avocado, White Soy, Sesame, Puffed Rice Cracker
- Country Pate Crostini, Bread & Butter Pickles and Grain Mustard
- Taro’s Duck Nigiri
- Spring Vegetable Salad, Grilled Artichokes, English Peas, and Delta Asparagus, Goat Cheese Mousse
- Almond Wood Grilled Waygu Beef, Spring Onions and Potato Pave, Bordelaise
- Bruleed Lemon Tart, Rye Graham Crumb, Strawberry-Rhubarb Chutney, Almond Crema
Menu subject to ingredient variability
$175 per person, or $225 per person with wine pairing (all inclusive with sales tax and gratuity)
Purchase tickets HERE
In 2010, Firas was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), one of the most deadly forms of blood cancer. Firas fought this disease with courage and determination and thankfully this year he will be celebrating 9 years as a survivor due to the science that has grown by leaps and bounds with innovation in technology and vast advancements in the world of medical research.
- In 1964 the 5-year survival rate for children with the most commonly diagnosed pediatric leukemia was 3%. Today, the 5-year survival rate is 90%!
- More than 40% of new cancer therapies approved by the FDA between 2000 and 2015 were first approved to treat blood cancer patients.
- Since the early 1960’s, survival rates for many blood cancer patients have doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled!
Without these improvements, many of our friends and family members might not be here with us today. Sadly, every 3 minutes someone is diagnosed with a form of blood cancer. On average, 3,679 children and young adults are diagnosed with leukemia every year. Currently, there is no prevention or screening for blood cancer. However, with donations from individuals and organizations such as yourself, we can make further progress and help to continue research efforts in order to help find the cure.
EVERYONE WINS WHEN CANCER LOSES.
Many LLS supported therapies not only help blood cancer patients but are also now used to treat patients with rare forms of stomach and skin cancers and are in clinical trials for patients with lung, brain, breast, pancreatic and prostate cancers. And LLS funded drugs like targeted therapies and immunotherapies are now saving thousands of lives every day.
We really are getting close to our goal of a world without blood cancers!
If you are unable to attend the event at Mikuni, but want to help, donations are greatly appreciated and tax deductible. They’ll not only support LLS research, but patient services, advocacy, public and professional education, and community services as well.
On behalf of blood cancer patients everywhere, thank you for your support!
For more information about LLS, please visit: